In an upcoming webinar by ChrysMarie Suby of the Labor Management Institute, titled “Overtime Best Practices”, you’ll learn 10 helpful strategies to bring to employers for minimizing their overtime costs.
1. Define the department budget and address OT in hours & percent of Total Worked hours.
2. Identify a pattern for the use of resources developed from workload demand data.
3. Define and standardize terms & formulas with division of direct, indirect, education, orientation, and paid not worked benefit hours and FTE’s.
4. Clearly identify pay incentives, premium pay, bonuses, on-call/call-back.
5. Monitor OT for both “regular” and “EOS” or incidental occurrences & trend for use & abuse patterns.
6. Publish schedules with at least 85% of work from “core” employees in the unit.
7. Require managers to publish schedules with <5% “holes” where shifts didn’t meet target requirements.
8. Monitor for the 6 underlying drivers for OT bi-weekly & compare to specific criteria.
9. Identify a pattern for the use of resources developed from workload demand data.
10. Monitor for the Labor Management Institute’s Target Thresholds to Total Worked Hours.
To get more information on the Labor Management Institute’s 10 overtime best practices, please register for their upcoming webinar.
Webinar Date: Thursday, August 20, 2015
Time: 1:00pm - 2:00pm CST/ 2:00pm - 3:00pm EST